ONLINE REPUTATION MANAGEMENT
What is Reputation Management?
WHY SHOULD BUSINESSES USE ONLINE REPUTATION MANAGEMENT TOOLS?
PEOPLE TRUST REVIEWS. MANAGING THEM IS GOOD FOR YOUR BRAND.
- Approximately 97 percent of consumers report that business reviews influence their purchasing decisions. (Spiegel Research Center)
- 92 percent of online users don’t trust a brand without online reviews. (Fan & Fuel)
- Online reputation management leads to more online reviews, better local SEO, and significantly improved brand reputation.
- Reputation management allows businesses to address customer experience problems they wouldn’t have otherwise known about.
The Online Reputation Management Process
As easy as 1-2-3.
1. Simple surveys are crafted within a reputation management software. At chosen points in the buyer’s journey, the client/customer receives a survey to collect their feedback.
2. Upon responding to the survey, customers with good to great experiences (you choose how those are defined) are prompted to post a review. Depending on the reputation management software you use, the review may be posted on your website, Google or any number of other review sites.
3. Monitor reviews and reply if needed. As great as it would be to always get high ratings, things happen. In the event that you receive a bad review, a reputation management software allows you to address the issues without posting the review. The customer is still free to post a review on any sites, but they would have to initiate posting instead of being prompted. You can’t just pretend bad customer service or bad experiences didn’t happen, but with a reputation management software, you are better able to identify and correct problems that your organization may have that cause customers to be unhappy.