Grab Attention for Your Business; add a Facebook Cover Video >
You want your business Facebook cover page to be as engaging as possible. You may be posting videos on your business page (and if you’re not, you really should be; pictures are SO last year!) Perhaps you’re even tinkering with Facebook Live. Well, here’s another creative way to sneak some attention-grabbing video onto your page– a Facebook Cover Video.
Facebook began slowly rolling out this option back in April, and it’s now universally available for business pages. (It’s not currently available for personal pages.) As with everything on Facebook, it’s a bit tricky to figure out (and, as soon as you do figure it out, they’ll change it.) But we’re using it on our page, and we think it’s pretty cool.
If you’d like to take a swing at adding video to your business page, here are some instructions (as they currently stand) and helpful things to know:
- Videos must be 20-90 seconds and must be 1080p resolution.
- The recommended crop size is 820 x 462 pixels; it must be at least 820 x 312.
- Since the available frame space for videos is short, you’ll have to crop out some of the top or bottom of the video; plan accordingly for text and key visuals.
- Videos default to playing with no sound, so use a video that’s also effective without sound. (However, there is an “unmute” option in the bottom-right-hand corner.)
- Videos will auto-play and auto-loop as long as the user is on the page.
- You’ll have the option to choose a thumbnail image to show as the video begins.
Here’s link if you’re having trouble.
A cover video is a great tool for your business to drive engagement on social media. It’s just one more way to stand out from the crowd. Video can help users gain an understanding of your business at a glance, demonstrate a new product, showcase your best work, make a still image more appealing, or share your brand story.
Need help creating a great cover video? We know a thing or two about video production. Check out our work here. Schedule a free consultation here. Or, go old school and give us a call. No matter how you reach out, connect with our MediaFuel messaging experts to learn about all of the amazing ways you can tell the most important story in the world– yours.