You’re crushing it. You’ve got an amazing product or service. You’ve solved a problem that no one else in the world has solved. Your problem? The world doesn’t know about it yet.
It’s time to choose a digital marketing agency. But how? There are tons of them out there. They all look pretty cool. They’ve all got sleek websites and they use lots of acronyms so they must know what they’re talking about, right? Do they? And are they all the same?
The answer is a straight up “no.” All digital marketing agencies are not the same. Here are some things to consider as you’re picking your team. (Spoiler alert: the coolest kids don’t always win.)
- Hello? Hello? Do they answer your calls, texts and emails promptly? If the digital marketing agency you’re considering promises you a proposal in a week, is it waiting for you, or do you have to make a follow up call? If you have to ask for something more than once in the dating phase, the honeymoon will be over pretty quickly after you walk down the aisle.
- Do they dig deep? A digital marketing plan MUST be based on facts, not assumptions. That means research. And that research needs to go beyond a typical analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. It needs to dig deep into what your customers think and feel about your business because customer perception is the engine that drives the train and ultimately helps you convert prospects into enthusiastic promoters.
- Are they ninjas? There’s no magic formula that can be applied to every digital marketing plan and no one has all the answers. But, we’ve all heard about the “definition of insanity.” If Plan A isn’t working, it’s time for a new plan. A nimble digital marketing agency team is always testing, measuring and calibrating. And they’re not afraid to admit when a plan needs tweaking.
- Can they land the plane? All the ideas in the world do you no good if they don’t get implemented in a timely manner. A good team can’t just be a roomful of visionaries with high-flying ideas–it must also have digital marketing strategists to plan the route as well as air traffic controllers to keep those ideas on track and land them where and when they’re supposed to go. A well-rounded agency should have a good mix of idea and logistics people.
- Do they sound too good to be true? The old adage “you get what you pay for” certainly applies here. If a digital marketing agency gives you a price that’s significantly lower than all of the other proposals you’ve received, keep looking. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
- Do you like them? Once you’ve chosen a digital marketing agency, you’re going to be spending a lot of time with them. Make sure you’re choosing a group of people you like and trust. Make sure you feel like they care about your business as much as you do. Just because they dress cool and have a cool office doesn’t mean they GET you and your customers. Also, funny is good. Look for funny. Life’s too short to work with people you don’t like.
Choosing a digital marketing agency is a big decision. If you do it right, it can change the trajectory of your business. Do your research. Dig deep. Make an investment. Pick a winning team. And then get ready to crush your marketing goals. The world is waiting.
MediaFuel is a full-service digital marketing agency located in Fishers, Indiana, just north of Indianapolis. We specialize in motion graphics, branding strategy, social media, virtual reality and internet marketing/lead generation to bring our clients increased leads and brand awareness.
We’re small in size, but mighty in results. We’re locally owned, and we answer the phone when it rings. We treat our clients’ businesses as if they were our own, and we’re never too big for our britches. If you’re ready to explore a new partnership in your marketing efforts, give us a call or stop by. We’ll give you coffee, a seat at the table and a listening ear. And if we have candy, we’ll share that with you too.