10 LinkedIn Tips for Businesses >
Known as the “Facebook for professionals,” LinkedIn has over 4 million users accounts and counting. Of those pages, over 150,000 of them are company profiles. Company profiles on LinkedIn feature your business’ key stats and strong points. You can use it to keep in touch with existing customers, keep an eye on your competition, and create new industry contacts in your field. You can also attract new customers and stumble upon potential hires while browsing through the site. Check out these ten simple tips to optimize the effectiveness of your business’ LinkedIn page:
1) Complete your profile. Start off by filling out your profile to 100% completion; LinkedIn will notify you if it feels your profile isn’t complete.
2) Connect with everyone. Introduce yourself to new people. You can help them connect to other people and they can help you connect to other people.
3) Recommend others. The more you give, the more you will receive.
4) Customize your websites. Make the names more attractive to catch the attention of others. Entice them to click on your links.
5) Do something out of the ordinary. Put fun stories, videos and interesting facts on your profile to draw the attention of potential customers and business partners.
6) Connect with Twitter. Post your Twitter updates on your LinkedIn. The more interaction you get, the better off you will be.
7) Personalize your company profile. LinkedIn has new technology that allows you to add video, share more information about your services and give more insight about your company and employees.
8) Add advanced applications. There are a number of customizable applications that can help you promote your business through LinkedIn.
9) Optimize your search ranking. Help others find you easily by using frequently searched keywords throughout your profile.
10) Join groups. By connecting with others in your field, you’ll be able to spread your message, connect with others and take your business to a whole new level.
LinkedIn has their own recommendations for making the most out of your site; check out the article on their blog here.